Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Little Black Book

The Little Black Book
Rongina Driggers CU Student
Adam Bush Cohort Adviser


My score for the Little Black Book Connection Test is  60. The scoring remarks state that I am, "In the BIG CLUB of people who think they're 'pretty good', but in reality are just getting there." It also states that I should, "Make a game plan to intensify my efforts." I'm pretty happy with the score although I know I could have gotten an 80. Most of my excuses I'm about to give are due to self esteem. I do not yet have my bachelor's degree in Early Childhood. Lots of the people in my field do and it's one of the first things stated in their stats when you read their bio. I felt for a long time that I was embarrassed to show that I do not have one yet. I put myself on hold to feed my very young and growing family. With that excuse out of the way, I'm here to say that my skills are excellent and my knowledge on the subject is better I think than lots of teachers who have BOOK smarts and not field smarts like me.

 I know what I'm doing and I know what I want. I am poised when speaking and confident in my own abilities. The score of 60 represents my connections with members of the BFP community. The parents, staff, and Administrators and people who come to do workshops and make observations. I am in contact with some of the old staff that has gone on to other jobs and adventures in life. Even though they now longer work with me at BFP I continue to work with them on a regular bases. Most of the higher ups in my field are easily reachable through my current contacts and Yes I can make a greater effort to get connected with these people.

The three books I'd like to read to better myself are:

* Already Ready by Katie Wood Ray and Matt Glover
*In Pictures And In Words by Katie Wood Ray
*The Myth of the First Three Years: A New Understanding of Early Brain development and Lifelong Learning by John Bruer

The Person I would like to get to know better is:
*Michele Palermo Director of Early Childhood at Education Department in Providence RI

No comments:

Post a Comment